Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:46:54 EST
From:         Stefan Weir <WEIRSTEF@CS.COM>
Subject:      '82 Diesel for sale

We will be moving in a few months most likely and have far too many vehicles to take with us. The verdict is that the van may be what will go. I have placed a description below for any interested parties. I am in Wilmington, NC.

1982 Vanagon GL Diesel. I did what I consider to be an excellent conversion to a "Weekender" configuration. Added Westy poptop (upper bed fully functional). Van has rear closet, upper rear cabinet, and Westy lower bed/seat installed (with rear cushion). Westy interior is from an '86 (tan in color). I also replaced the front captains charis with the ones from the '86. New carpet. Kenwood KDC 7009 Motorized Rotating Face CD Player w 3 years left on warranty ($400 unit), paint is decent, body is good with only minor blemishes. Virtually no rust. Canvas has a couple of mended plces, but is very useable. I have spent well over $2500 on this van in the past 5 months. It has a 1.6 NA Diesel Jetta Motor newly rebuilt, New German Starter, brakes were just overhauled (rear drums replaced also), new heater valve, new tires. Receipts for all work done. Color is two tone light over dark blue, with Wolfsburg wheelcovers. i do not have a scanner or digital camera, but p-mail me and I can send you a pic of an identical van. Also, if you want to criticize my price, please p-mail me your jokes. I have put a lot of money and a lot of my own time and energy into this van and am not happy at all about selling it, but sometimes you have to do unpleasant things. I am asking $3000 obo.

Thanks,

Stefan Weir

"We Spend All Of Our Lives Trying To Save Time, But In The End There's Really None Left" - Jerry Seinfeld