Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Mar 2000 08:18:54 -0800
From:         Mike Miller <mwm@LANSET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Which gas??

Dear vanfolks of wisdom,

I had understood [from ex brother in law who has worked in the oil industry for a long time] that as of a few years back [5-7?] the gas companies, in the US at least, put all the cleaner additives in the lower octane as they do in the higher octane because the finer and finer injection systems needed to meet pollution standards simply wouldn't work for very long without it. And they were afraid of law suits [Here's something you don't hear a whole lot - Hooray for the lawyers!].

Anyone have more/other information on this?

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 11:45 PM Subject: Re: Which gas??