Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:51:44 EST
From:         Rico Dagastino <Dagbear@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Digifant Troubles

I have good news. I have completed assembly and installation of the digifant tool. I got the van to start this morning and the LED for the coil on the digifant tool was not functioning. Knowing that the van cannot run without the coil being pulsed, I checked the connections and found the LED for the coil to be defective (so much for mass production quality control). With the offending LED having been replaced, I restarted the van. It died once and there was a symptom I had not earlier been able to positively fix (as in locate and not in the sense of repair). There was a series of uncoordinated rapid pulses of the fuel injectors and of the coil (both were indicated by the Digifant tool and the firing of the injectors could easily be heard). These happened after the engine had died and was at rest. I believe these are related to the cause of the intermittent dying as these happen regularly after the van dies. I think whatever is causing these pulses may be overriding or interfering with the commands from that area of the ECU regulating the pulsing of the coil and the injectors thus causing the intermittent dying. Any suggestions for further investigation so as to fix and repair this frustrating problem would be appreciated (anything short of car crusher or shotgun).

Thanks, Rico Dagastino Munford, TN 84 GL "Thing 1" 87 GL "Thing 2"

[message/rfc822]