Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:36:19 -0800
From:         Stephen Arbaugh <sneakers@OZ.NET>
Subject:      Re: windshield washer don't work

When my squirters stopped working, I didn't know I had to pull the steering wheel, which is probably just as well because the washer motor was kaput, not the switch. Pulled the connector off the motor, checked for voltage from the switch, had it, replaced motor, got the squirts (the good kind!). 'course, I doused myself with the better part of a gallon of windshield cleaner water pulling the tank out. bleah.....

steve '85 westy kent, wa

At 12:44 PM 03/06/2000 -0500, Ken Hunter wrote: >Pull the steering wheel. Remove the wire leads to the turn signal/wiper/light >switch cluster. Remove the three screws that hold the assembly to the column >and remove the assembly. Simulate operation of the washer function on the >assembly and note where the contacts are touching. Use an ignition points >file or fine emory to clean the contacts. Re-install. This should fix the >problem. If not check that the washer motor is working. > >Ken Hunter >82 Westy 1.9D >84 Jetta 1.6D >89 Mitsubishi van