Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Mar 2000 07:52:57 -0800
From:         Dana Morphew <kdm@WHIDBEY.COM>
Subject:      Re: convertion (the start)
Comments: To: Rob & Lrae Winterkorn <volksman@ENTERACT.COM>

Rob, have you decided which conversion kit you will use, and, if so, what you will do to make the engine fit amicably into the engine compartment (I'm thinking primarily of the engine mounts and engine hatch interference)?

-Dana-

Rob & Lrae Winterkorn wrote: > > I am starting Busbie 4, a 1989 Wolfsburg Vanagon that I picked up for > $80.00. The P.O. was towing it behind a 2000 sq. foot ranch on wheels > and left it in gear. I think second, he realized it a little too late > just after he clipped a landscaping rock the size of a beetle and > crunched the left rear quarter section leaving the fiberglass bumper in > a quivering heap on the street. > > Other than continual use of gorilla hands to close the side door and > rear hatch, it's in good condition. > He would rather take less money than send it to the yard, (a man after > my own heart) and through a great local club in Indiana, The Hoosier > Volks, I scored it. > > The new power plant for this Vanagon will be a 2.0 16V courtesy of Just > Foreign auto parts in Blue Island Il. 708 385 5596 > I don't want to start a discussion on how wrong the 16V is for a > Vanagon, you can argue that one out with the people who have driven with > me in my 85 powered 1.8 16V. > > For those interested I am trying to show the process of how I go about > this. Kinda like I only paid $80.00 for the van attitude. > If there are pics other than the obvious, please e-mail me with your > requests. > > I will be working with Tom Carrington to get them put on his site, but I > need to know now what to take pics of, like where to hack, slash drill > ext. ext. > > Thanks > Rob > > Busbie 1 : http://volksweb.relitech.com/