Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 06:52:50 EST
From:         RAlanen@AOL.COM
Subject:      Stainless Steel Mufflers and Pipes

There are still a few of the STEBRO/Vanagon mufflers available for the big discount I offered to List Members only so if you need a muffler, nows the time ! I need to have your opinion on the STEBRO/Vangon header pipes and collector pipe that is to be made next. There are two possible scenarios. One scenario is to make them exactly as OEM, one set for the standard Vanagon and one set for the syncro. This is not a problem but requires more manufacturing and stock. The second scenario would be to engineer a new set that would fit both models. This would entail more time in engineering but result in less manufacturing. It MIGHT also change the possibility of being able to fit an OEM piece should the occasion arise. Another question is what do you think about the cast iron junction piece between the header pipes and the collector pipes ? Would you like to have this in Stainless also? That would require the collector pipe to be built with it in one piece. Maybe a good idea, that would eliminate one connection. I know I have recently changed this cast piece on my "87 Westy due to the three flange bolt tabs rusting away to the point that there was no way to keep the flanges connected. But, on the other hand, this piece did last the better part of 12 years in my good 'ol salty Canadian climate. STEBRO would like your opinion on these issues before they go ahead with the pipes. Please address all comments to me. I'll give it a week or so or until the responses quite coming in then I'll post the results of the survey. Thanks !

Cheers

Frank Condelli '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Almonte, On Visit me on the web.......> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates< /A> Want to win $10,000? Click to enter!! <A HREF="http://irecommend-it.com/sh.e?22EC343C3B75">iRecommend-It Public Page for RAlanen@aol.com</A>