Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:12:34 -0800
From:         Ron 'Coyote' Lussier <coyote@MACROMEDIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: List sticker lobbying, my .02
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

> Although I support a political party, my van doesn't wear a bumper sticker > advertising it. I like the Dead, but would not want to have dancing bears > on the back of my van. My understanding, and the understanding > of others I > deal with regularly, is that the spectrum style bumper and window stickers > have been adopted by the gay community. > > At the risk of sounding politically correct, I would like to > suggest that we > be a bit cautious in selecting this sticker. I don't want to > advertise this > group or myself as being aligned with anything but our vans. Vanagons are > not male, female, gay, or even musically inclined. They are inanimate, > wonderfully (for the most part) designed, vans.

Karl,

As one of the few openly gay people on the vanagon list, let me emphatically say that Ron's sticker number 4 is not a gay symbol. The 'gay flag' consists of 6 discrete colors, on a very precise top-to-bottom order: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple. These colors are never portrayed as a spectrum.

For reference, see the following pages http://www.swade.net/swadepages/gallery/

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/scotts/bulgarians/rainbow-flag.htm l

Coyote