Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Mar 2000 07:46:01 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 82 diesel camper for sale ... milwaukee, WI $5200

Jeff, I find that you are quite right. Prices for Westy models have gone up, especially for models with the 2.1 engine. I'd say 20-40% in 2 years. Passenger models are just the opposite with new models falling faster and older models holding level, a scenario typical of used cars generally. The Westy price phenomenon is due to the complete unavailability of anything newer that compares in the slightest. I am always watching for deals on Westys for friends and family and they just don't come up as often. There is less seasonal fluctuation in prices than there used to be also. Any Westy owner thinking of getting a different one would be well advised to get the replacement first. IMHO the best potential for a bargain is to find one needing transmission work. Lighter colors are selling for $1000s more than dark ones, white being the most sought after and expensive.

Mark

Jeff Stewart wrote: > > In a message dated 00-03-10 08:22:35 EST, you write: > > << $2000 too much for this one. At $3000 it is about right. > >> > Funny you should mention this. Last night I found an old copy of The > Transporter from 1997. In looking through the classifieds, I was surprised to > see how much prices have gone up in just 3 years. There were some bargains to > be had back in '97. Jeff S.