Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:01:14 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <tcarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: List Sticker debacle

I agree with Frank on the purposes of the list stickers. But I wonder how many people who hit the front www.vanagon.com page will wander into the "List" section.

How's this for an idea...we buy/register "vanagon.org" (yes, it is avail) and set it up so that gerry.vanagon.com can also be reached at http://www.vanagon.org ? Sure, we can put http://gerry.vanagon.com in the sticker, but that might confuse some people. The reason is that much of the public would not understand http://gerry.vanagon.com on a sticker. They expect to see "www" in the front of the address for a website.

Since Ron had done the web work on both (THANKS Ron!!), the "look and feel" would be the same on both sites.

BTW...I think Otmar has room (and then some) on the side of his Vanagon for all the subscribe/unsubscribe commands!!! ;)

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://volksweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 65 Notchback