Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:25:06 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Propane Tank
Comments: To: Hailcall12@AOL.COM

At 07:10 PM 3/11/2000 , Nathan Richmond wrote: >vendor. My question is what do I need? Do all valves and fittings come with >the tank or will I also have to purchase those? When I look under the van >now, all I see is 2 copper lines from the fridge and stove. I have the >fitting from the 20 lb tank, but there is no splitter so only stove or fridge

Ron from Bus Depot will have the final word here -- but I'm pretty sure you'll get a tank with filler valve, bleed valve, and outlet valve (which ends in a female POL fitting). You'll need a Marshall Brass model 290 regulator with weather caps (2) and a POL male fitting, about $25 at the RV dealer; and the proper flare nuts, tubing, tee fitting and elbow to mate with the existing stuff. It's all standard sort of stuff -- a propane place ought to be able to make it up, or the materials including flaring tool should be available at plumbing supply house. The 290 regulator is a couple inches longer than the 260 which was originally supplied, so you may have to bend the existing tubes for a bit more clearance. Be careful not to crimp them if so...

NB -- You *must* (as in a- legally required and b- works better) use a two-stage regulator set to deliver a pressure of 11 inches water column, and an "excess-flow" POL fitting -- this has an internal arrangement to shut off the gas should, for example, the regulator be broken off the fitting in an accident.

david David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"