Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:40:35 -0800
From:         mark lortie <mlortie@UCSD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Takin' a big cross-country trip form Maryland to
              Oregon
Comments: To: Karl M <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Comments: cc: Syncro List <syncro@onelist.com>,
          Diesel List <Audi-VW-Diesels@onelist.com>

I just got back from a long weekend to mamoth from san diego almost 10,000 ft altitude in a day . the O2 sensors had a riot . on the way up i reset the computer 3 times by restarting ther engine a few times (i heard that the last 20 starts are stored in memory) but on the way down what a nightmare. the only thing that stoped the jerky engine jolts was stopping for a few minutes. a day later all is well (it was a 7 hr downhill run at 70 mph & the engine was running really cold). I recently replaced the sensor on the exhaust so i am assuming its at the intake end of things. anyway its goin to get checked out this week cause it cant be good for the drive train. finally who has had a major computer failure, is it common (had alot of time to think about it on the way back)

Karl M wrote:

> From: "Karl M" <THEWESTYMAN@MINDSPRING.COM> > > I am planning to leave for a month-long journey on the 20th of March, to CC > ski and snowboard in Montana, Wyoming , and Oregon. Maybe Colorado and > northern California also. I plan to take I-80 most of the way, until > Cheyenne, where my GF will be meeting me via aeroplane. We will the slow > down and slowly go through western WY, MT, and across ID into the Mt. Hood > /Portland area for a few weeks. Then across through UT, and into Steamboat > Springs, CO. Final traverse across to NC and hopefully to make it to > EveryBus 2000. The purpose of this letter is to ask if anyone along the > route wants to get together and CC ski, snowboard, drink some great bier, or > just shoot the breeze about Vanagons / Syncros / Diesels, or life in > general. I will be proudly driving my dear old friend 'Otto', a > Canadian-spec Syncro Westy that I converted last year to a 1.9 litre > turbodiesel. This will be his maiden voyage testing the merits of the latest > and greatest improvements, including the Permacool /Mazda RX-7 oil-cooler, > Passat VR-6 airbox, TP (yes, toilet paper!) oil filtration system, new > turbo, 6-gauge auxiliary instrument cluster, and upgraded engine mounting > system. Wish me luck, lotsa tailwinds, and cool fluids! Hope to see a few > of you on the trip, or at EveryBus 2000! > > Karl von Müllendorf > WestyVentures > 1987 Syncro Westfalia 1.9 TD 'Otto' > 1988 Audi 80 Quattro 'Car' > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates > as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees. > Apply NOW! > http://click.egroups.com/1/975/1/_/527143/_/952491945/ > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > If you would like to unsubscribe, visit > Syncro-unsubscribe@onelist.com

[text/x-vcard]

begin:vcard n:Lortie;Dr. Mark Lortie x-mozilla-html:FALSE org:USCD School of Medicine & VAMC research;Division of Nephrology/Hypertension adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:mlortie@ucsd.edu title:Physiologist/pharmacologist note:858-552-8585 x 7139 x-mozilla-cpt:;-21152 fn:Dr. Mark Lortie end:vcard