Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:31:20 -0800
From:         Brent Christensen <bpchristensen1@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to drill-out broken bolt extractor?
Comments: To: Glenn Britton <britton@NOC.UTORONTO.CA>

I think I had to do this one time - as I recall there is a very special (and of course expensive) drill bit for doing this. I was working in a friend of mine's machine shop (I miss living near him!) rebuilding an engine and the same sort of thing befell me. It was a very tedious operation (I used a drill press and lots of machine oil as I recall).

You may want to take the head to a machine shop and have them extract the bolt for you. It will probably be expensive...

Good luck!

Brent Christensen '89 GL Syncro Westy "Klaus" Santa Barbara, CA