Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Mar 2000 10:01:24 -0800
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Front End Work
Comments: To: "syncro@onelist.com" <syncro@onelist.com>

I want to replace upper and lower ball joints next weekend. I also decided to replace the upper control arm bushings. (i already have these parts). I now think I should replace everything if i am going to have it this far apart. What else should I do?

What about the bushing in the lower main swing arm or whatever it's called...the one that pivots on the frame and that the shock bolts to. I don't have a press, so am i going to have to remove this arm anyway in order to press out the lower ball joints so i can take it to a shop?

As for the uppercontrol arm bushings, i understand these have to be tack-welded. I assume to the control arm, which is easy to remove. Is this right? Each one has a big bushing where it boolts to the frame.

Should I do the front wheel bearings, too, or is that significantly more work?

Any advice would be very weoclme.