Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:33:50 -0800
From:         Joseph Tu <JTu@GATEWAYMD.COM>
Subject:      My vanagon days are soon to be over

Hello List,

I am sad to write this, but it looks like my vanagon will not be with me soon. After entering the real world after college and having to drive daily to get to work, the Vanagon is no longer the most practical vehicle to drive. I have found a new vehicle to drive and in order to get it I need to raise money to purchase it. One good thing is that the new vehicle is still a VW, a new VW GTI 1.8T. After test driving one, I was convinced that this was the vehicle I wanted. The van has served me well and I do regret having to part with it. MANY memories were made with it. I am jsut starting to think of ways to sell it but I wanted to give list members the first knowledge of its availability on the market of Vanagons for sale. For list members in Orange County, I hope you read this. To briefly describe my van:

90 Vanagon, base model, 4spd 2.1 engine with a few modifications 16 inch alloys with fat rubber Tinted windows all around, windshield has crack, replace?(up to you) EXCELLENT custom stereo, (for music lovers, you will be in heaven)

Well thats the basics I guess. It has almost 192K miles on it. I personally drove 100K of those miles. The engine got new heads about 10K miles ago and the tranny is fully rebuilt also. It goes pretty fast, cruises at 80 no problem. I got a ticket for going 103 in it actually! It handles great, takes corners like its on rails. For whoever gets this, they will be happy, especially if they are a vanagon lover. I just don't want it to go to someone who won't appreciate it and love it for what it is. Please email me any interest at this email address.

Joe Tu