Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:07:46 -0500
From:         Tom and Mary Beth Wayne <tmwayne@NR.INFI.NET>
Subject:      Re: The AC and PS Guy again
Comments: To: David <david@RENAISSANCE-DESIGN.COM>

hi david, I have an '84 vanagon westy and live in north carolina, so i consider a/c to be a necessity. Mine keeps the van marginally cool - I have a inside thermometer (sp?) and it runs about 80 f when it is 95 f outside with high humidity also outside.

I must say, I prefer the a/c more than the alternative!

Tom Wayne '84 westy greensboro

-----Original Message----- From: David [SMTP:david@RENAISSANCE-DESIGN.COM] Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 9:27 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: The AC and PS Guy again

Thanks to all of those who responded to my email address. I am still not receiving list messages, perhaps the subscribe is not an automated one.

In any case I have deduced that PS is not really a necessity, that I should buy what I would like and not fool with any retro fits, and $4500 is high for an asking price. I now have two more questions.

1. AC - several comments suggested that even if you have it it doesn't work that well, i.e. its hard to cool a BIG box. Any comments on whether AC works well enough to look for one with it?

2. What would you think would be a reasonable asking price? Any comments on why $4500 seems too high? (because of the body damage, year, mileage, etc.) I have searched a few classifieds and in the 4k range there doesn't seem to be better. I am leaning towards an 84 without PS and AC, so I am really trying to compare that model year.

Any comments would be welcome, and hopefully I will be on the list soon!!

David