Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:14:29 -0900
From:         Christopher Irvin <Cirvin@GCI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Clutch quit

Tim,

If i read your last post correctly, you first nned to check your fluid level, the res is under the dash. The same link happened to me monday morning (after spending all weekend under and in the van tracking down an electrical short). I was pretty pissed. My fluid level was zero. I topped it off (took over a bottle of brake fluid). Still no good... I either have air in the line, and need to bleed it, or the clutch master or slave are toast as Doug stated, or maybe one of the oil leaks I've been dealing with has disenergrated my preasure plate. Last night I bought the little bottle tool to allow me to bleed the clutch with out assistance, I'll try that today. Keep me posted on what you find out. I'll do the same. Worst case looks to me to be a couple hundred in parts and I get to know my Van (IRVVAN) much better and i can thrown in a new rear main seal to boot. Horray!!

Its a special thing to own a Vanagon. (keep telling your self this)