Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:53:08 -0600
From:         Tim Wise <wise@HYPERFORMIX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clutch quit
Comments: To: kenwilfy@aol.com

An update...

Several folks suggested to check the slave cylinder. I checked it, as told, watching it from the driver's side rear wheel while a friend pressed the clutch pedal. It moved, suggesting it was ok and that there may be an internal clutch problem. On a whim, we fired up the car and the clutch worked just fine!

I think the problem was that the clutch got wet and stuck to the flywheel. The day before the problem, we had driven through a storm and lots of high water on the way to Port Aransas, Tx. Theory is that the metal in the clutch rusted enough to stick to the flywheel. Pushing the car while its in gear should cause to unstick. We just let is sit for a while and it unstuck itself.

Anyways, I think everything is OK and that we'll get home without probems.

Thanks for all the suggestions.