Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:01:09 -0500
From:         Martin Jagersand <jager@CS.JHU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: problem with finding parts...
Comments: To: pkoch@waldos.net

I don't know how different the 1.7 would be from the 1.6, but I assume that the basic routing of the exhaust pipe is the same. Like Ken W. suggested try some muffler shops. The angles needed are tight, so they probably cant just bend one tube. They may have to weld together pre bent tubes.

Another possibility: Compare a 1.6l exhaust pipe. Maybe it can just be slightly rebent to work?

Good luck, Martin -- Westy 1.9l Turbo Diesel Quantum 1.6l Turbo Diesel

New and used parts for sale, gas and Diesel:

http://www.cs.yale.edu/~jag/vw/forsale.html

Martin Jagersand email: vwjag@hammer.cs.jhu.edu Computer Science Department Johns Hopkins University

Slow down and visit the VW diesel Westy page: WWW: http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/jag/vw -------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Patrick Koch" <pkoch@waldos.net>

Hi,

I own a 89 Vanagon with 1,7 l Diesel engine, this is a very reliable and = common version of a Vanagon in Germany, obviously it is quiet different = here in the US since I have severe problems to find engine parts or = those parts that are somehow related to the engine... My actual problem is to find a replacement for the connection between = manifold and muffler. The VW part number is 033 251 171 c . I already = tried to get this part throng a local (Austin TX) official VW dealer. = Those guys are not able to identify my engine at all, and even after I = found the part number on my own, they are still not able to order it... If you know a way to get that part or further to get parts for my engine = in general, I would be very happy to hear from you. Also I would = appreciate it if you would let me know, if you know someone you know = might have an idea about this issue...

Thanks a lot,

Patrick Koch