Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Mar 2000 07:13:02 -0500
From:         McComas_Glenn <mccomas@SHORE.INTERCOM.NET>
Subject:      Syncro 87 FS (MD Eastern Shore]
Comments: cc: jgorfine@vt.edu

Saturday afternoon {18 Mar} I looked at an 87 Syncro on a farm near Easton, Maryland. Its owner now lives in California. The Syncro is being sold by the uncle of the owner, a very nice gentleman who told me he has been trying to sell for ~3 months now. The owner, Kelly, is probably in the 20-30 age range and used the Vanagon in connection with his interest in bicycling.

Asking price $4500; trans 4-sp manual plus low range; color silver blue; upholstery reasonably clean blue tweed; overhead A/C shrouds yellowing; body pretty straight... although driver's door has been repainted (maybe replaced?) and paint does not quite match; there are scuff marks on the left side aft of the driver's door [may or may not buff-out?]. There is little visible rust -- only a few seams show ~1 cm of bubbling. Chrome+rubber bumpers show some slight deformations, but generally look good. Trim level is GL.... NOT a Westy.

Odo reads ~110,000 miles. Uncle says the A/C works and the engine and trans were rebuilt, but does not know when or by whom. The engine compartment is not 'tidy' so I would guess the engine rebuild took place at least 20,000 miles ago. The driving qualities seemed OK when tested on a country road up to 35 mph; there was an unaccustomed noise in the power steering at first.

That's all the info I have at the moment. I'm up to my eyeballs in other projects, so if anyone on the List is interested, p=mail me and I will get the owner's Calif tel# for you.

Glenn McComas Queenstown, Maryland