Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:11:44 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Digitool diagnostics
Comments: To: "Stanley, Kerry" <kstanley@CAS.ORG>

Yes, you have to plug in a test ECU when diagnosing other Vanagons. I am so enamored with the Digitool that I am planning to put the connector for it in my spare 5 cyl ECU. I belong to an Audi list and they have many of the same mysterious problems with their 10-20 year old cars as we Vanagon owners do. The throttle switches, temp sensors and OX sensors act up intermittently. The Digitool can pinpoint these problems quickly. Has anyone ever located the connectors needed to make a "T" fitting so the ECU modifications are not needed?

Mark

"Stanley, Kerry" wrote: > > Hi all, especially Karl, > > Several have mentioned using the Digitool for diagnostics. Karl I believe > you mentioned you've tested several vans with it. I thought one end of the > digitool cable was soldered to the ECU. How do you use your Digitool to > test other vehicles. Swap ECU's? > > For those who have built one themselves, how comfortable were you in > soldering to the ECU. I've built Heathkits in my days (do they still > exist?) but wouldn't call myself an electronics expert at all. Should I try > to build this tool, or just contact Daryl? > > Thanks, > > Kerry > kstanley@cas.org > '86 syncro, 173K