Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Mar 2000 23:42:44 -0700
From:         Larry Hamm <ldhamm@XMISSION.COM>
Subject:      FS: Diesel parts for I4 conversion $750

OK, who's made the decision to put a nice dependable Jetta engine in where the Wasserleaker now lives?

I've got the parts to help make that happen, from an '82 diesel Westy. Included is the engine cradle tubes with mounts, engine mount brackets, oil pan with pickup and fill tubes, waterpump outlet, flywheel with nearly new Sachs clutch and T.O. bearing, and diesel trans. I used the trans in my van, and added big tires to help offset the lower gearing, worked great! The trans has only about 140k on it. I can throw in the alternator and bracket, too, if you want it, but it's only a 60 amp unit.

Why is this stuff for sale? 'Cause I'm ready to do the Legacy swap, and I'm passing these parts on to someone who's tired of suffering with one of VW's, umm, less than spectacular engines.

I'm asking $750 plus shipping from Utah. If you live close by, I'll knock off $50 if you come pick it up so I don't have to pack it up.

Earliest postmark wins! Offer may be void in Hawaii, Alaska, and the Virgin Islands. Check with your accountant for actual tax savings. Do not remove tag under penalty of law. Your mileage may vary.

Larry