Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:21:18 -0800
From:         Josh Monson <jmonson@USWEBCKS.COM>
Subject:      KarmaKanix Reference

Has anyone had any dealings with Steve at KARMAKANIX in Berkeley, Ca.????

I am thinking about having him do my rebuild and wanted to get a reference. He is on the Vanagon.com page so i took that as a big plus. Any info will do.

thanks again, JM

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Lilley [mailto:Wolfvan88@AOL.COM] Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 11:26 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: AC WARNING! Do not loose your cool...

When I came to my van I saw a large stain on the concrete under my head on the left side. I thought that the oil cooler hose had leaked (The Brazilian hose was slightly undersized for the stock clamp and started to leaked a little) But it was tight- no leaks. I looked around the head and no leaks. Upon further investigating, I discovered oil leaking from the ac compressor- oh no a new compressor :<( . But as I was checking for the source of the leak I discovered that the line coming from the body had worked itself loose and the oil leaked from the joint..

The hose can work itself loose causing all the oil and refrigerant to be lost. Check the nut for tightness

I had a warning sign, but misdiagnosed it. I had just replaced the valve cover after adjusting the valves and thought it was simply leaking and spraying oil out. I also noticed that the AC was not as cool as normal- thought, "It needs time to cool down."

So check to see if your line is tight. Before you loose your cool...

I had been reading about the retrofitting my AC...

Robert

[text/html]