Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:56:55 -0800
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Final Dates For Hollister Hills Syncro Meet
Comments: To: "syncro@onelist.com" <syncro@onelist.com>

The testing weekend at Hollister Hills will be April 8-9. We will camp right at the 4wd obstacle course. There are about 10 campsites there with fire rings and water. There are plenty more at the upper ranch. Showers are available at the lower ranch. You need to check in at the ranger's station and ask how to get to the obstacle course. The camping and use fee is cheap...less than $20 to my memory.

We will have the new betts rear spring prototypes available for testing. Peter will be bringing his rear air suspension. There will be several folks with Bilstein custom shocks and Betts front springs. I think someone with Old Man Emy shocks is coming as well.

We chose this weekend so we can test the Betts rear springs asap....they will be done april 3. It will take another 8 weeks to do the production run once testing of the prototypes is completed.

Coincidentally, there will be a motocross race that sunday on the famous GP track...where the U.S. Granp Prix (world championships) were held. It is the finest track in california with the exception of Momouth, so it may be worth a gander on the way out. Northern California has some of the nations best motocrossers.

THe URl for hollister Hills: http://www.hollisterhills.com/ There are some photos on the site and lots of info.

If you plan on attending, please let me know so i can make the necessary arrangements if more than 10 vans show up. I wiull be heading down to hollister that Friday early afternoon to secure as many spots as possible. I am bringing my kids (6 year old trwins, and Peter is bringing his daughter (5) and wife. there will be some good home cooking and socializing around the fire, too.

I reccomend you try to get there friday evening or saturday morning. I expect we will do the testing on saturday, and go explore the trails sunday, but there is no set plan.

steve