Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:03:43 -0600
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Bosch Platinum Spark Plugs on sale at Canadian Tire - NO Vanagon
              Content

Hi Volks,

Once again I am posting Canadian Tires weekly web flyer - especially for the US Listees who are interested.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/~e-flyer/html/10/613.20344514110.html

This week they have plat spark plugs on sale.

I am a member of their Auto Club - and as a benefit I get their quarterly rag called "AutoRoute" - finally they had something worthwhile to say in it.

They had a whole page discussing automotive rubber - particularily tires - from a chemistry perspective.

They recommend avoiding any "protectants" that contain:

1 .silicone oils, 2. petroleum distillates 3. is "flamable" 4. have a "greasy or oily nature" .

They recommend using a product with UV stabilizers and is environmentally friendly.

What's funny is that last year I tried to follow their advice, and all I could find on their shelves was acres of "Armourall"-type products.

So I bought this really expensive boutique stuff, that I used extremely sparingly. I lost the "tiny bottle" and I can't remember what it was called.

Is there a cheap non-silicone based protectant around?

Marshall Ruskin