Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Mar 2000 17:07:01 -0500
From:         John Anderson <jander14@WVU.EDU>
Subject:      2.1 Wasserboxer and Parts FS (Used in WV)

Well as I've not gotten even a reasonable $1000 offer for the '87 from anyone who would actually come get the thing, and as I have a hankering to keep the power mirrors, front seats, and tach as well as some other stuff for the '82 Westy I just bought, I want to part the rest. So from a very nice running '87 with 103k 2 owner miles, everything used as is of course:

2.1 waterboxer, head gaskets at 85k, 150 +/- 5 psi all round, no leaks no drips. Has run Prestone longlife since head gaskets 2 years ago. Very slight lifter clatter on startup, oil changed every 4000, uses no oil, runs strong enough. Has auto driveplate not flywheel (you'd have to swap,) new waterpump with new hoses to the oil cooler at 85k. Includes engine bearer bar with new engine mounts, exhaust in OK shape, intake runners, good working A/C compressor (clutch sqeaks but runs fine, 134A converted with purge and proper oil.) Does NOT include alternator, P/S pump, or ignition. $600 obo can hear run

Auto Transmission, good running 3 spd, shifts smoothly, reputed by PO to be rebuilt by chain place at 65k (I bought it at auction, not from him, he had no reason to lie, but I don't know if it actually was or not, drainpan has been painted blue in Aamco style) ATF/filter changed at 85 and 100k by me, no deposits of any sort in pan. Torque converter gasket changed, converter may actually slip a bit more than normal, I can't really tell (maybe 300 rpm when you hit it at 50 mph) passes Bentley's stall test fine. $400 obo with driveshafts, fair CV's

Anything else available after I sell the engine, including:

P/S pump and Rack, $75 each, $125 both. (fluid change and filter at 85k) Radiator $75. Front brakes with 2 sets of rotors (one set turned, one set near new) $150. Front spindles $50 each, less with the brakes. Cooling system parts, heater cores, expansion tanks, etc, make offer all in good nonleaking condition.

Whatever interior stuff you want from an unripped fair condition grey velour GL interior except front seats, will take reasonable offer for rear seats, panels free with seats.

2 sets of glass actually ('81 and '87) $5 a piece for anything normal, $15 for sliding windows (non camper,) $15 for rear with OK defroster.

All Power lock stuff OK and for sale for a reasonable offer, else I may try to put that stuff in the '82 as well.

Body will be available free for anyone crazy enough to haul it off, I don't believe there is an undented panel on the thing some bad corner damage, no real seam rust though. Bumpers not included.

Also '81 Westy top with OK canvas (small holes where folded into supports and fuzzy top with some mildew) $50 you pull, upper cushions NOT included. Free with '81 body if you haul it off (VERY rusty, front doors not included, and maybe without front spindles)

'81 Westy interior without fridge, propane tank, water pump or tables, ugly bed recovering. $50 or offer, you pull, many speaker holes, some even have speakers 8-)

Pics of '87 still on http://www.digital-galaxy.net/~keen/pic/johna/

Anyway must sell the engine first, then I'll part the rest. I can deliver the engine to DC metro area.

Anyway north central WV location, Morgantown or Clarksburg depending.

Email any requests, but wait a few weeks on little stuff if you're interested.

John Anderson jander14@wvu.edu (304)291-3357