Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:47:26 -0500
From:         wb6otg <wb6otg@INTREX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Complete Idiots Guide Books

This book only covers Rabbits and Sciroccos, up to the 1980 models (unless its been updated). The original "How to keep your Volkswagen Alive" has been updated to include a few mentions of the Vanagon, but the Vanagon info is very limited and mostly wrong. (Did you know that the watercooled vanagon uses the Rabbit engine and transmission??) I find the existance of the Rabbit book and the update to the original to be a bit amusing, since the original specifically excluded the Type III because it was too complex to be considered a true VW!

Bill