Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2000 19:27:48 EST
From:         Captain Ray Nemo <Volksiebus@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Zip Ties Everywhere (& heater hose in place of coolant pipes
              results)
Comments: To: Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>

Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > After dropping my gas tank on Friday, I noticed > something that I think is strange. The whole mess of > coolant hoses from the engine compartment to the > radiator is held on by zip-ties.

Just did the gas tank thing. Same thing-- black zip ties everywhere. I bought a mess of them, and now there's new black zip ties everywhere. Even a few holding up the red hoses that reside where my coolant pipes used to live.

The coolant pipe job was pretty straight forward. Dropped the tank and cut out the rusty pipes with a hacksaw. You'll have to make several cuts due to the brackets. I used 1" hose red heater hose in place of the pipes. The hose is the same size as the factory pipe. If I had it over again I would have searched harder for 1 1/4 hose and eliminated the two factory hoses up front and maybe even some of the hoses in the engine compartment. It also would have cut down the cost of hardware (adapters and such). I couldn't find the 1 1/4 hose locally. As it turns out, the job took a while and I surely had time to wait on Boston Bob to ship me a box of the stuff.

Pmail me with specific questions.

God bless,

der Kapitän IXOYE Westy Virginian Ambassador to Vanagon.com

____________________________________________________________________ Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com.