Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:05:43 -0800
From:         Dana Morphew <kdm@WHIDBEY.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why did this mod increase my fuel economy?
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>

Your stochiometric ratio became leaner somehow. CO adjustment? If you find the answer and it is repeatable, it will be a compelling argument for the inline four conversion.

-Dana-

David Marshall wrote: ... > trip through rolling hills at a leasurly 95 to 100km/h - this translates > into 8.8L per 100km (26.7 US mpg)- the trip back we did a little more speed > ranging from 100km/h to 115km/h plus really pushing hard in 3rd going up > some of the steep hills - we consumed 14L of gasoline or 11.2L per 100km > (21 US mpg). > > So, why did things get better with a throttle that opens quicker? Not that > I am complaining! >