Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Mar 2000 06:56:36 EST
From:         RAlanen@AOL.COM
Subject:      VW Parts CD

Do any of you have comments on this VW Parts CD ? Specifically I would like to know how useful this would be for my Canadian bought '87 Westy ? Following is the original message announcing the availability of this CD.

I'm writing you about the VW Parts CD discussed on a couple of the VW Diesel bulletin boards in early March. I have offered to obtain the CD and make copies available reasonably for those interested. I am not in business and am only attempting to cover the cost of my time, supplies and shipping. The CD is free for your personal use only (an attempt to avoid any copyright laws). Shipping and handling will cost you $7.50 US. I am located on the West coast of the US and will ship to North American destinations via mail. When payment is received, I will ship the CD to you. See second memo below for ordering details.

This CD is a parts listing for European VW vehicles, European Audi vehicles and VW industrial engines. It contains exploded parts assembly views, part names and VW part numbers. It is not like a service manual as it does not tell you or show you how things come apart or go together or give wear tolerances or fastener torques. However, it is VERY useful! MY copy of the CD was obtained from Mark Harries in England and I have had an opportunity to install it on my laptop and verify functionality. Note: some of the features such as pricing, updating, maintenance and parts ordering, etc., are not functional since, this would require you to be connected to the VW computer network. Realize, there is no technical support for the software (i.e., don't call your local VW dealer or VOA for help!). It is best to contact myself or one of the VW Diesel bulletin boards for assistance. I am running Win98 and assume that the software will also run on Win95 machines. Some of you have asked about compatibility with Apple Macintosh computers. I cannot address your question. But, I doubt that the software and CD are compatible with Apple Macintosh computers. The software and database must be installed on your computer and then it can be run without the CD. It takes approximately 325 MB of hard drive space. It is also important to use a monitor resolution of 1280 X 1024 to view correctly. My laptop uses 800 X 600 resolution LCD display. I set it to the 1280 X 1024 resolution when running the software. The Readme First text file should be looked at and printed before installation.

If your interest in VWs is anything like mine, I think you will find this CD very useful and interesting. This CD was obviously created to cover European VW gas and diesel models, many of which were never imported into North America. I am not familiar with all of the models listed on the CD. Following is a list of models covered on this CD:

Caddy 1983 > 1998 Campmobile(Type 2 / Transporter / LT) 1980 > 1998 Scirocco / Corrado 1974 > 1995 Ghia 147 1956 > 1974 Golf 1975 > 1998 Golf Cabriolet 1979 > 1998 Golf Economatic 1974 > 1995 Golf / Syncro / Rallye / Country 1986 > 1998 Golf Variant 1994 > 1998 Model 181 Iltis 1969 > 1988 LT , LT 4X4 1976 > 1998 L80 1995 > 1998 Passat / Santana 1974 > 1998 Passat Syncro 1985 > 1998 Polo / Derby 1975 > 1998 Polo Classic Variant 1996 > 1998 Sharan, Sharan Syncro 1996 > 1998 Taro 1989 > 1997 Transporter 1991 > 1998 Transporter Syncro 1993 > 1998 Type 2 1968 > 1992 Type 2 Syncro 1985 > 1992 Type 3, Type 4, K70 1961 > 1975 Jetta / Vento 1979 > 1998 Jetta Syncro / Golf Variant Syncro 1988 > 1998 1200, 1300, 1302, 1303 1947 > 1986

Cheers

Frank Condelli '87 Westy & Lionel Trains STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems Almonte, On Visit me on the web.......> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates< /A> or http://http://onward.to/frankcondelli Want to win $10,000? Click to enter!! <A HREF="http://irecommend-it.com/sh.e?22EC343C3B75">iRecommend-It Public Page for RAlanen@aol.com</A>