Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:14:29 -0500
From:         Uncle Traveling Eric <enettles@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sticking Starter Solenoid?

I believe I have a similar problem, sometimes, especially when its hot outside, turning the key makes no difference for a moment, then finally something seems to loosen up. I'm also noticing that the van seems to need a little more gas to start these days. It used to start without touching the gas pedal at all, but as things warm up, its requiring a little bit of foot power. Could be nothing at all, but if anyone knows whats up, I'd love the advice.

BTW, hello to the list! I'm Eric, 23, had my 87 GL for 2 years. Started in FL, went to Chicago and back, then landed out west working in Mt. Rainier Natl Park for the summer. (Saw a _lot_ of vans there. Was there anyone on the list that went to Sunrise this summer? You might have seen me or my van... Grey with FL Turtles Tags, or tall guy serving fries and burgers) Then back to Florida and now I live in South Carolina. Anyway, got it for $1000, since then its needed a H2O pump, a power steering rack, a little freon, an alternator mount, some tires, and a few belts. Otherwise I got an AMAZING deal. Engine's great, sure it leaks a little of everything ; )

Oh yeah, one other question! I go through power steering belts like once every two or three months. It looks like the pulleys simply don't line up, but I've seen no way to adjust this.

Well, Hope everyone's having fun... ~Eric