Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:18:40 -0800
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: '90 Vanagon Jump Seats and Rear Bench/Bed
Comments: To: "Buettner, Peter" <PGB@DOLBY.COM>

DUPLICATE MESSAGE, I THINK THE 1ST ONE WAS LOST

I copied the following part numbers from the dealer microfiche:

255 887 225C - above floor mounting plate, both sides, 2 required, $13.92 ea. 255 887 225 - below floor mounting plate, left side, $15.46 255 887 225A - below floor mounting plate, right side, 13.92 253 887 465 - plastic cap for seat leg "dowels", 2 required, $2.20 ea. 255 887 401A - upper reinforcement, left side, OBSOLETE 255 887 401 - upper reinforcement, right side, OBSOLETE 255 887 402 - upper reinforcement, right side, $??? PROBABLY OBSOLETE

Unfortunately, my notes fail me from here on. There is a bracket on the left upper mount that I didn't get the number for. It is #27 on fiche. Also some large washers (possibly plastic) #29 on fiche. 401, 401A, 402, and the mysterious #27 are simple pieces of angle iron that could be fabricated by anyone with common hand tools. All part numbers and prices were obtained at a Southern California VOW dealer. All of the lefts and rights apply to the parts as you look forward at the rear of the passenger (right side) front seat.

In a previous post, I stated that the above floor mounting plates were flat steel with a hole in the center. This is probably wrong. My notes show a short "pipe" protruding from the face of both above and below floor plates. Someone with a factory installed seat may be able to verify how the plates fit together. My plan was to call someone I know locally with a Carat and have another look prior to installation.

I hope that this doesn't ADD to the confusion.

Mike Snow Camp Pendleton, California 1982 Westfalia 1.6TD 1983 ASIA 1.6D