Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:05:40 -0500
From:         Tom and Dana Cates <dcates1@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: front parking light out
Comments: To: ncdragonfly <ncdragonfly@COMPUSERVE.COM>

David,

I too live in NC, in Asheville. I do not know about you or your area, but up here in the mountains, I have never had an inspection station check anything closely enough to discover a non-functional parking light. For example:

In fact, my old 67 Corvair that I used to own about seven years ago passed inspection with a broken windshield, no wipers, the majority of the floor rusted out, bald tires and bad brakes. I asked the inspector if I needed turn signals to pass inspection, and after a brief but thoughtful pause he said, 'Yes, I believe you do', and gave me my sticker.

Good Luck

Tom and Dana Cates 83 Westfalia, 'Hammurabi'

----- Original Message ----- From: "ncdragonfly" <ncdragonfly@COMPUSERVE.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 3:29 PM Subject: front parking light out

NC inspection requires that I have both front parking lights operational, among others. The drivers side parking light does not illuminate when the head lights are on, the passengers side does. The turn signal does work and I have replaced the bulb. All fuses appear to be OK. I have pulled the socket and visually inspected it and the associated wiring for any obvious shorts, all visual indications are that it and the wiring is OK. Before I dig out the test bulb circuit tester and trace this thing back to the fuse panel does anyone have any suggestions of most likely causes, or more than average chance of failure points that I might check first? Thanks much, David Higginbotham 82 Westfalia Silk Hope, NC