Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:20:44 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: front parking light out
Comments: To: Tom and Dana Cates <dcates1@HOME.COM>

At 20:05 3/29/2000, Tom and Dana Cates wrote: >turn signals to pass inspection, and after a brief but thoughtful pause he >said, 'Yes, I believe you do', and gave me my sticker.

Here in Rhode Island (and in NE generally, I think) the turn signals are a given. The question is are they going to pull a wheel to look close at the brakes (they already have it up on a lift to check suspension, exhaust, rocker panel rust and such).

But starting this year they're doing one of those "tied to the whipping post I mean roller brake" emissions-under-load tests, whatta pain. Actually we get hit next year b/c they're phasing it in -- if your VIN ends even, you have to do it this year. If it's odd then you get just a safety inspection this year and the big weenie next year (good for two years). Both our cars have odd numbers.

Wish I had a Syncro...

David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"