Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Mar 2000 21:29:23 -0500
From:         Marc Perdue <marcperdue@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: 91 Vanagon MV, good deal???

Jon,

I've been searching quite a bit here lately and I've seen the 1991 Westfalias go for anywhere from about $14,000 down to the deal of the century: 1991 Westfalia, mint condition, 66K miles, $6,000 (yes, you read that right). That Vanagon sold within hours of being listed (duh!), and the guy gave her an extra $500 because it was in such pristine condition! Usually they run about $10,000 to $12,000, but usually have 100K or more miles.

I found the following sites helpful: http://www.cars.com/carsapp/national/?srv=parser&act=display&tf=/index-default.tmpl

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/index.shtml http://www.autotrader.com/

You can find other classified sites as well by using one of the common internet search tools, like www.google.com or www.dogpile.com. The ironic thing for me was that, after looking high and low, across country and back, I finally wound up getting one in my own back yard, courtesy of someone who I had told of my quest. Lesson: spread the word and be vigilant . . . there are deals to be had, if you're patient . . . Good luck!

Marc Perdue '87 Westy, as of yesterday!