Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:48:51 EST
From:         S Sittservl <Ssittservl@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anyone seen the Go Westy Sliding door screen
Comments: To: speakerdesign@uswest.net

> Date: 03/30/2000 9:49:04 PM Central Standard Time > From: speakerdesign@USWEST.NET (Jeff Hammerstrom) > > I'm looking into buying a screen for the sliding door on my '90 Westy Camper. > I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Go Westy screen. > I'm also wondering about the Bus Depot screen. Any comments? > Thanks

I just ordered a sliding door screen from Go Westy today. They said they make it themselves, and that it was patterned after Westfalia's sliding door screen. They said it installs with snaps, has a zipper in the middle, allows the door to be opened and closed while the screen is up, needs the Westfalia vent rail to attach to, fits well on '85-and-up campers, and fits less well on non-campers and pre-'85 campers. They said that the design was surprising in some respects, but that they thought it best to stick with Westfalia's design. It's got vinyl around the edges, like the standard rear hatch screen does. Gray or tan vinyl is available. The screen itself is currently black, but they're changing to gray (and tan?) in June.

Thus, it sounds very similar in design to the Bus Depot screen (based on old list mail discussing the Bus Depot screen). The price is $69.95. It's listed in their catalog, but not on their web site - I received a catalog from them recently, and it turned out to have lots of things that the web site didn't. They said they're planning to update the web site soon.

I'll report back to the list after I get the screen.

-Steven Sittser