Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2000, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:21:09 -0500
From:         Barry Mercer <bmercer@VIANET.ON.CA>
Subject:      souviners <Friday.

Just curious as to what souviners adorn the inside of Westys and Vanagons where you live.

What holiday is recalled, trip remembered, occasion celebtared by the glimpse of.....

In my case... there's just the one object d' art really. A fishing fly. An artificial lure poked into the curtain above the sink.

During the summer of 98, Moo, our westy, took us safely to my home province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, from our current home in Sudbury Ontario, Canada!

While travelling to the tip of the Northern Peninsula I pulled over for a tea break alongside a clear running river. I grabbed one of the kids little toy fishing poles, tossed in a line, reeled in and watched the biggest trout in the world have a sniff at the lure!

I knew I needed a "fly" so I picked up a few in a near by town... On the way back past the river, we just had to stop for tea again.

Down I ran to the river with the little blue fishing pole, trout fly attached - and cast close to the same spot as before.

Alas, no trout, but what a day and what a trip.

I remember that river, the fish and the trip fondly when I catch sight of that fly as it waits another opportunity.

So that's mys story... What's yous.

Happy Weekend.

Barry Mercer Sudbury.

Moo 88 Westy 153k Km Jet 99 A4 Jetta 20k Km