Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:28:44 PDT
From:         Mark McCulley <transporter99@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Battery Under Back Seat
Comments: To: bchristensen@INFOGENESIS.COM

A relay provides isolation only when the alternator is not running. In this setup a drained aux battery will drain charge from the main battery when you start the engine and the relay closes.

There is a solid state battery isolator that works well with Vanagons--I've been using one for over a year now.

Mark McCulley