Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:54:10 -0400
From:         mike barker <mariner4@SNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Raceway Park, NJ vw show 4/9,anybody going?
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

Not sure if I'm going this year...went a couple of years ago and had a blast drag racing my '87 Vanagon on the drag strip. I was paired up against a VW dunebuggy who must have been intimidated because he blew his engine at the start line! My brother's suggestion of "take it to the red line-just once won't hurt it" was in my head, but I just had the engine rebuilt and was too chicken. The starter was cracking up as I moved to the burn out pit. I didn't smoke the tires, but probably should have tried. There was even a diesel Jetta racing! If you go you should race-get there early. I'll join you if I can get the wife to go this year. -Mike -----Original Message----- From: Jeffrey R <Oxroad@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 2:32 AM Subject: Raceway Park, NJ vw show 4/9,anybody going?