Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:52:44 EDT
From:         Ron Semko <Skyraider0113@CS.COM>
Subject:      84 Vanagon FS

Well Volks,

I'm putting my 84 on the market. Not getting out of Vanagon's, actually I have my eye, and my checkbook, on a 89 Syncro, Westy. I've wanted one for years. Anyway:

It's a 1984 1.9L Vanagon with a 1987 Champaign edition complete interior, including the air cond. (the front to rear tunnel, the a/c is not working the compressor is bad). The interior is impeccable. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would call it every bit an 8. A few of the listies have seen it, and I'm sure they would agree. Transmission was rebuilt just last year. Engine is strong. The rubber on the ground is about 3500 miles old. It sports 4 custom alum wheels. It has a bra., and bumpers (black), and all new gaskets around the front windows (the other windows were/are fine) and starter all from Ron @ Bus Depot that are about a year old. Oh, the radiator is about a year old too. It has a CB radio with weather channel, and antenna, also a TV antenna (sorry the t.v, VCR, and Nintendo are my boys possessions, but there is a very nice cabinetry for them, and a table that is included). The fuel lines were replaced last year also, and the injectors. I am a 54 year old owner/driver who has changed the oil and done the required preventive maintenance.

What's wrong with it: There is an exhaust leak (crack in the exhaust pipe). I have the pipes, just haven't got around to installing them yet. The rear heater needs a new resistor block (the ceramic block that is attached to the electric plug is cracked). The front bushings are just beginning to squeak a bit, so they will need to be replaced, down the road The paint is a bit Faded on the roof (not gone just faded), and the rest of the paint is in good condition. That's all I know of that is wrong with it.

It's a very good looking, and reliable unit that I would drive to California tomorrow if I had to. It's just that I really, really, want the syncro westy.

I'm only asking $2,500.00 (I have a short window in which to pay off the remainder for the 89), and truly believe that it's a very fair price.

Write with any questions, and I will send PICS to those interested. I'm in Orlando, Florida.

Ron Semko Orlando Florida