Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:44:45 -0800
From:   "Steven X. Schwenk" <steve@SCHWENK-LAW.COM>
Subject:   WWW.SYNCRO.ORG
Comments:   To: "syncro@onelist.com" <syncro@onelist.com>

On second thought, the new URLs for The Syncro Westfalia World Wide Website will be :

www.syncro.org and www.syncro.nu

I bought th "nu" url before i found out the "org" domain was available. www.syncro.org is the most appropriate domain for the site because it is a non-commercial site and syncro owners worldwide are an ad hoc .org organized through the web, and through the site. In addition, the site is much less vulnerable to attack from vw trademark lawyers since there are many companies named syncro, it is not a name the general public associates with vw, and it is an .org instead of a .com address. plus it's short and easy to remember. syncro.org ... or syncro.nu if you forget.

The .nu address should work by monday, the .org by tuesday.

My thanks go to the following people who contributed toward the purchase of the urls:

Ty Graham Peter Buettner Brent Christensen Rob Wilke Dan Flemming and i forgot one person, I believe.

These guys kicked in $160, with Ty making a large contribution. I only had to pay $20 out of pocket to get both sites for 2 years with web forwarding and e-mail forwarding, and associated costs. Thanks, guys! Now i won't mind spending a little to get a banner-free syncro registry and photo-site up and running. The photo site allows 50 MGb free space. That's a lot of pictures for tech. stuff and trip photos, etc.

I want to add content to the site on the following topics:

Wheels (size options, wheel availability and pros/cons) Tires (ditto) Gearing (options available for diff. uses) Suspension (report on OMEs and Betts springs) Engine (how to optomize perform w/sacraficing reliability) FI (troubleshooting and symptoms of component failures) Headlight relay wiring

If you have e-mails saved on these, or would care to author a tech piece, please send them or let me know. Thanks steve

[text/html]