Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:07:28 EDT
From:         Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon suspension

I gotta concur with Brent here. I picked up my '85 with just over 40K miles. While they didn't show any signs of oil leaking, etc., I could pump the shocks with almost no effort.

Brent also didn't mention the infamous braking nose dive that is quite dramatic with a Vanagon because of the wheel base and the fact you're sitting on the wheels.

A set of KYB's and an AirLift kit solved my saggy, bouncy problems for right at $200.

I had a '67 in college -- made a '72 seem like a limo even after I replaced the fused left front shock.

Chuck '85 Westy Weekender -- 'Roland'