Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:31:30 -0400
From:         Mike Ray <Mike.Ray@AMMOBILE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Michelin Agilis Tires
Comments: To: "RAlanen@AOL.COM" <RAlanen@AOL.COM>

okokokokok Hi Frank et al

I actually drove Eeore today so here's the info listed on the actual tire...

Agilis 51 205 65 R 15 C 1875 lbs max load

They do move a little in the wind but it's really not bad, only durring a gust. It tracks straight but then again, I had a 215 xx 14 NON-reenforced car tire on there from the PO before I put on the Michelins. Those 215s were just plain dangerous. I found I could take turns 10+ miles an hour faster with the reenforced side wall!

What is the load rating on your 81s? My guess is it's too stiff of a tire for the van. I went with the 51s either on a post that it was the Eurovan tire or on Tire Rack's suggestion. Don't remember which.

Oh, I have them on steel passat wheels with spacers and there's still not really any wandering to speak of.

Mikey `87 Westy Eeore

I will now try 30# front and 35# and see what that does. What do you other Michelin Agilis users have to say about this ? Are your Agilis 61's or 81's ? LR/C or LR/D ? Do you have any handling problems related to your tires ? All comments, advise or suggestions are welcome.<<

Cheers

Frank Condelli