Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:36:50 -0400
From:         Dave C <happycampers@PICUSNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: no mail
Comments: cc: Mike Miller <mwm@LANSET.COM>

on 4/7/2000 12:38 PM, Mike Miller at mwm@LANSET.COM wrote:

> Dear List > > I am going out of town for a while and want to stop the mail. I realize > that there are instructions for doing this and I have printed them out. > > Unfortunately they are only instructions that can be used by someone who > already knows how to do it. I have tried every combination but I simply > can't find the right one. > > Will someone[s] please p mail or list mail, I'm sure there are others in my > boat [I hope I'm not the only dumbkopf] a sample of how to do this? > > TIA > > > Mike > To help you understand the commands, I'll take the long way. Mike you need to send a SET command to the list server. Think of it as telling a machine what to do in very rudimentary language. You accomplish this by sending the following comand to: listserv@gerry.vanagon.com (You don't have to include a subject) In the body of the email paste: SET Vanagon NOMail You should then receive a reply from the listserve confirming your new setting. When you return, send another command to listserv@gerry.vanagon.com, only this one is: SET Vanagon Mail

SET= alter my settings Vanagon= the listname you want these settings to be applied to (Listserve, the program, can run more than one mailing list) NOMail=the setting of "don't send me mail for a while, but remain subscribed" I hope this helps. Cheers, Dave C. Williamsburg, VA zzzzzzzzz__ |E[__] [__]|[_]\\ | _DC&SP | _ || * * * =-( )---------( )--= '85 GL Westy (His) '91 Cabriolet (Hers)