Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:02:12 MST
From:         Sean Garrett <seangar@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: moving to Phoenix area - need advice
Comments: To: wilson.sweitzer@USA.NET

I live in Tempe and can highly recommend that you work an extra job to get the AC fixed!!!!!!!! Cant stress that one enough. Karl Wolz also lives in Phoenix Metro area. I recommend a shop in tempe (very close to campus and my house) called Competition Engineering. There currently specing/balancing my bottom end for my 80 Westy. You can tell its a great shop when you pull in the parking lot. All the workers drive VWs. Vans/busses almost every space. These guys are all VW heads. They live and breath it.

If you passed CA emissions I wouldn't worry. Most likely you will pass AZ emissions. Cross that bridge when you get to it. Alternative help... very little when your talking about 115 degree days and 100 degree nights. Put your money into the AC rather than tinting. But don't fret its a dry heat :-)

Vans heat up like ovens in the summer heat. If your not driving it to school that's a different story, you could possibly live without AC.

I made it through school at ASU with no AC in my 88 F150 but got it fixed when I graduated. Well worth it. You can do it but I would get a small job to finance it or borrow the money.

Welcome to Tempe, there are a ton of great weekend getaways for camping vans in AZ, you will realize that you made a good choice to complete your schooling here after a few months. What are you studying? SeanG