Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:01:53 EDT
From:         James Shinosky <One88maroon@AOL.COM>
Subject:      My first encounter with Digitool...

I finally found my time and gut (gutsy enough to open up the digifant with face value of $500+ and pray for not screwing up with it) to hook up my digitool to my 88 weekender. I found it surprisely simple in opening up (it s like a modem card in a pc) and soldering the wires to the digifant chassis. The whole operation was a breeze. It works and looks like a cool christmas lights inside the van... On my first weekend round trip on street/freeway with digitool sitting on the dashboard, I observed that the throttle position switch light went off when I step on the gas and mostly went back on when I take my foot off the gas... (several times I tapped lightly on the gas and the throttle light flicked back on) Do I suspect a sticky or worn throttle position switch??? Does it mean it is corroded and need cleaning and lubricating? Or to be replaced? On the freeway driving, I observed when I take the foot off the gas, the Fuel Injectors light went off (do all four FI's really shut the fuel flow off?) and the Throttle light came on (again most of time). Then the FI light went on and the T light went out when I step on the gas... Is that normal in comparing to anyone with digitool? Will check on Oxygen sensor, Temp I and II and AFM tomorrow... Any suggestion, advice or cheering me on???

James W88kender Anaheim, Calif