Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:45:58 -0700
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: Disconnect 12V System?
Comments: To: frank & susan malinowski <yakers@EARTHLINK.NET>

Frank, The easiest way to disconnect the fridge from the 12 v system is to pull the two fuses in the small fuse box behind the driver's seat... (at least there is one on my 90 Westy Syncro).

Have you perhaps been leaving the fridge on 12v since your camping trip? Check the three way toggle switch inside the fridge door. Or one of the lights... like the dome light or the map light near the glove box?

Perhaps the easiest way to check your battery is drive your van to the place where you bought your battery... if it the place has a shop... like a mechanic or Sears... etc.... they can test the battery. It is possible for a battery to go bad in one year... It happened twice to me on my SUV.

To test for a short you could use a digital miltimeter to check each of the fused circuits one at a time. Make sure everything is turned off. Go to the main fuse panel and pull one fuse at a time. Use the probes of the digital multimeter to check for current across the two sides of the fuse holder slot. I'm sure there are other ways like checking for continuity, but my mind is rubber right now.

Bill 90 Westy Syncro. -----Original Message----- From: frank & susan malinowski <yakers@EARTHLINK.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Monday, April 10, 2000 5:32 PM Subject: Disconnect 12V System?