Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:42:33 -0700
From:         Josh Monson <josh.monson@MARCHFIRST.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bashing vendors on the list
Comments: To: Mark Mages <wasserbox@YAHOO.COM>

relax.......deep breaths.

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Mages [mailto:wasserbox@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 3:03 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Bashing vendors on the list

Oh, god forbid a topic (or off-topic) gets re-hashed on this list over and over again!

Nothing personal, but as you said, you are not a list moderator, so don't try to be one. If you don't like it, fine. Tell someone. Or hit the delete key. If the real list moderators perceive a problem they aren't scared to jump in.

What exactly is wrong with discussing bad customer service on the list just because the object of the discussion happens to frequent the list? No one seems to have any qualms about bashing non-list vendors with impunity.

You might be one of those "If you can't say anything nice" people, but I believe in "if you can't say it to their face."

The last time I called and got a phone operator, I asked for Ron. I told them it was because the last few times the person that answered the phone was absolutely no help. They told me Ron was too busy, and proceeded to be (once again) absolutely no help. Fine.

Then I called Ken, and (assumption) his wife told me he was working on his van and couldn't be disturbed. Also fine.

That's when I called the dealership in Denver, who was happy to thumb through the Bentley with me, and found the part on a back shelf for $5 cheaper than the list vendor.

It's nothing personal at all. The times I have called or emailed Ron he has been extremely helpful and pleasant. The same with Ken. He is an invaluable asset to the list. 75% of the time they have the best prices, and good service.

It is business. Pure and simple. If you don't want my money, and aren't willing to give me the service I demand, then I can find someone who will. Hell, anymore I can find 10 people who will. With the advent of the web, it is a consumers market.

Go ahead and flame me - I have nothing better to do tonight than reply to rants :)

Mark

87 Non-leaking Westy, thanks to KenWilfy & http://mountainstatesvw.com/

--- BRENT CHRISTENSEN <bchristensen@INFOGENESIS.COM> wrote: > Ladies and gentlemen: > > I know this has been a topic MANY times, and while > I'm not a moderator of > the list, nor am I pretending to be one on the > Internet, it seems that it is > time for a reminder... > > There have been cases where someone has gotten > burned by an unknown or > "shady" character (i.e. on eBay) and has warned the > list. This seems > appropriate. But hashing out customer service > issues with a list vendor > here on the list just seems like an improper use of > the medium. > > At any rate, please try to resolve customer service > issues directly with the > vendor, and if you really feel like someone poses a > grave threat to the rest > of the list, then go ahead and post in order to save > the rest of us. > > End of rant. > > Brent Christensen > '89 GL Syncro Westy > Santa Barbara, CA >

===== Mark

87 Westfalia Gl 84 Scirocco 8v

http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/