Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:52:23 +1000
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Congrats. Jeffrey. Answer to Vendor Rubbish
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

Jeffrey.

I have been on this list for a number of years and I have never read a more thoughtful and sensible post. I congratulate you for your obvious wisdom and the ability to use it.

Yes over the years I have read quite a few flames of our vendors. When they have been turned over a looked at, the vast majority of them have been utter rubbish. I will not go so far as to name some of the more infamous ones but they are real gems.

Sure a person has the right to rubbish bad service or products, however this should only be done after the parties have first attempted to resolve their problem between themselves. I feel that some times the idea of " If I rubbish them in public that will get them moving and I will get what I want irrespective if I am entitled to it or not." attitude comes in. I would hope this is not the motive behind their posts BUT it sure enough seems to looks that way.

Good god! Ron has shipped parts to me over here in Oz and I didn't have any cause for complaint. Guess some of the more vocal list members would say I was lucky or soemthing.

Once again I plan to keep your post and the next time someone blasts the vendors WITHOUT TRYING TO SETTLE BETWEEN THEMSELVES FIRST I will send it to them with your permission of course. Keep up the sound logic god knows we sure need it at times.

Oh one more thing and this is why I base my opinion on the " bag first and I get everything syndrome " I read in one of the original posts a comment that normally I would not even bother with but I will here. I am not quoting directly as I deleted the post but it went along the lines that this list will protect one of its own. Lad if you want to get me into a blue just start coming on with that attitude. That comment was pure Sh1t and normally not worthy of response.

Usual disclaimer and I apologise to all those sensitive souls. I am not advocating that we not report bad service or products I am merely saying that FIRST try to settle it with the vendor/person concerned.

Ok. Flame suit is on and at last call was working perfect.

Ray Hunnam Penrith Australia.

PS it is a shame that Eric is gone he used to post me back showing all the spelling mistakes. I just kept on saying that I speak Aussie English not the Yankie version. >