Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:32:02 +0100
From:         Peter Cassidy <pcassidy@APPLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Congrats. Jeffrey. Answer to Vendor Rubbish
Comments: To: Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>

>Good god! Ron has shipped parts to me over here in Oz and I didn't have any >cause for complaint. Guess some of the more vocal list members would say I >was lucky or soemthing.

As I've said before, too - it's when things go wrong that you know who the good vendors are. When I was rebuilding my engine last year, I ordered a new set of rings from Bus Depot. These were duly sent out, along with the usual bunch of rebuild stuff.

Anyways ... we dismantled the engine in situ, popped the heads & pulled out the liners, etc. Then ... *disaster*!! The rings Ron sent out were the wrong ones! It was late at night so I just swore loudly & packed it in. Next day I got on the phone to Ron & explained the situation. Himself and Jerry De Baun were really helpful. Next day a package arrived. The correct rings, sent super-duper express from Ron via a local distributor. We were up-and-building again!!

I'm sure everyone's got their stories. My point is this: not everything goes right all of the time. That's life. What I was impressed with was Bus Depot's response to my own little crisis. Since then I've had a lot of dealings with them.

I'm now living in Ireland, as everyone knows! I'll *still* deal with Bus Depot & pay the extra mailing costs to Europe.

And that's my story ....

Pete C

-- Peter Cassidy, pcassidy@apple.com Sr. Test Dev. Engineer +353-21-284316 WW Operations Apple, Cork.