Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:03:48 -0400
From:         George Jannini <georgejoann@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro "reserve" fuel capacity
Comments: To: VeeDubVan@aol.com

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:38:10 EDT - Lauren Pelzer <VeeDubVan@AOL.COM> writes:

<snip> << By the way, my manual states a 16.0 gallon capacity, and I've only ever been able to squeeze 14.25 in there. Unfortunately, I didn't fill it up on the day I ran it to empty. >>

My 2wd Westy has the same stated tank capacity. Once, in a fit of inattention on a boring Interstate highway, I let it get really low before I was able to find a gas station. It was still running fine, but took 15.3 gallons to fill up.

I generally refill at about 1/8 tank. If I wait for the fuel gauge needle to barely touch the red line, I have just a little over three gallons of fuel left.

George/Atlanta '89 Westy, Wernher

________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.